Fisher’s appreciation of Chris Hemsworth enhances classroom environment

Ms.+Kim+Fisher+teaches+Language+Arts+in+the+shadow+the+God+of+Thunder.+

Ruthi Ebbinghaus

Ms. Kim Fisher teaches Language Arts in the shadow the God of Thunder.

Ruthi Ebbinghaus, Staff Writer

Whether walking by her classroom during passing periods or sitting in her class, Language Arts teacher Ms. Kimberly Fisher makes her obsession with actor Chris Hemsworth very clear and well known. By some, her obsession could be seen as fair, others may find it just a but strange.

Fisher’s infatuation with Hemsworth isn’t new, either. She claims that it’s been around for a decade. “Since the original Avengers movie, for sure,” Fisher said. 

Although the craze isn’t new, Fisher said the Avengers movie introduced her to the charms of Hemsworth.  “I hadn’t watched any of the earlier movies prior, (but I) have gone back and watched them several times after seeing the first Avengers movie,” Fisher said.

After going back and watching Hemsworth’s other movies, the infatuation grew.  Fisher said she learned, “I didn’t actually prefer him in the Thor movies.”

In the classroom, Fisher is a bit more open about her feelings for the God of Thunder than other teachers may be about their celebrity crushes. She says she’s “very open about it, and everywhere in my room you see Thor.”

The more Fisher has read and studied Hemsworth, the more comfortable she is sharing her passion with her students. “Thor was what I was originally attracted to, but I think he’s a generally good person,” Fisher said.

Fisher’s favorite movie that casted Hemsworth aside from the Marvel Cinematic Universe is the gender-swapped reboot of Ghostbusters, which takes place in a modern day New York. Proving even further that she has a fondness for this movie, she even named her cat Kevin for his character in that movie.

Nonetheless, students easily notice this trait in Fisher.

Junior Samirha Providence said, “There have been times we’ve had lessons that she’s brought up her passion in. It’s fairly noticeable as she has pictures of him hanging in her classroom, Providence said.