There will be plenty of ways to show love on Monday without gigantic teddy bears

Maddie Zeller, Staff Writer

The Greeley West community is coming back with some long-time favorites amongst staff and students. With traditions such as Valentunes, cookie sales, and Flower Grams back in full force, the Spartans are ready to show their love to one another. Let’s take a look at some of the festivities happening this week.

Greeley West Performing Arts Valentunes

The Greeley West Performing Arts department is bringing back a favorite. Valentunes is a way for students and staff to share their love with the sound and rhythm that music brings. Students are getting together and preparing their own renditions of classic love songs. This decades long tradition allows students to collaborate with one another and share the love. Junior Ariel Montez said, “Valentunes has been a great way for me to collaborate with my friends, and allows me to share my passion with people in the community.”

FCCLA Cookie Sales

FCCLA students are baking away in preparation for Monday’s Valentines Day sale. The group is offering various sizes of cookies, cookie making kits, and even handmade cards. This is a sweet way for students to give to their loved one, and is also a chance for students to support West’s FCCLA group. “We have been preparing for our sale for about two weeks, and it is so exciting to be able to bring back a favorite for the staff and students,” said Senior Vanessa Mayeda.

Horticulture Flower-Grams:

The flower-grams are blooming with love, and all in support of the Greeley West Flower Shop. These flowers remind staff and students of what Valentine’s day really means. The flowers have been on sale throughout the week and are adding a bright touch to people’s day. But more than that, rather than going to your grocery store flower shop, the flower-grams offer the sense of togetherness and love that everyone hopes for on the day of love. Senior Ryleigh Banman said, “It has been so fun to be able to understand what the true meaning of these flowers are, knowing that they can bring a smile to your loved one’s face”.