Who is Gavin Petersen?

Who is Gavin Petersen?

Maddie Zeller, Staff Writer

Name:  Gavin Petersen

Year: Freshman

What are you thinking about for your future? I want to go to college, but I don’t really know what I want to do yet. Honestly, I haven’t really thought about it, I’m just trying to get through high school. I do really enjoy the business program here, and so I might go down that path, but I haven’t quite decided.

Where I Work: I usually do my homework at my kitchen counter. I like working in the kitchen, especially at the island, because I feel like I have enough space to spread out and focus on the work that I’m doing.

Daily Routine: It takes me a while to wake up every day. I do try to pick out my outfit every night just to make it easier when I’m getting ready in the morning. Then I usually brush my teeth and do my hair, and after that I go downstairs, eat a quick little snack and pack my bag for school. Sometimes after school, I have tennis practice. But after that, I go home and eat dinner, do homework and go to bed.

Most Essential Ritual/Habit: I like to keep separate notebooks in my backpack so this way it’s not as heavy when I’m carrying it.

Favorite Hobbies: I like to watch movies and play tennis. But I mostly like to rest because I’m not that active. My favorite movies to watch are old Disney movies because they remind me of my childhood.

Favorite App on your Cell Phone: I really like TikTok and Snapschat because it is just a fun way to communicate with my friends. I think that TikTok is very entertaining and fun to watch.

Favorite Time Waster: I have a game on my phone called Toon Blast and anytime I’m bored and don’t know what to do I usually play this to pass the time.

Sleep Schedule: I usually go to bed around 10, but sometimes I don’t go to bed until 11, but I do try to actually be in my bed by 10 at the latest. I wake up around 7.

How do you know when you have been successful? I know I’m successful when I get what I want out of something. For example, when I get a good grade on a test that I’ve been working hard on, or when I win a tennis match.