Freshman qualifies for FBLA National conference in Chicago

Maddie Zeller, Staff Writer

Last week, FBLA students headed to the Gaylord of the Rockies in order to compete in a multitude of events that all relate back to the principles of business. Freshman Meah Delgado qualified for nationals and will now have the chance to take her work to Chicago. 

Delgado competed in the Business Ethics event and placed fourth through the entire scoring process. The students that hold the top four placings in each event then get the chance to compete in Chicago for FBLA Nationals. Delgado competed in the Business Ethics competition alongside a few other members. She said, “The events were really exciting because they were all related to business. I personally competed in the Business Ethics event which was a great experience.”

Before FBLA students can even compete in these various events, there is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into preparing. Delgado relied on her fellow FBLA members to give critiques and pointers for how to improve her presentation on business ethics. “When preparing for the event, I relied on my other friends in FBLA to give constructive critiques on how to improve my presentation, but more importantly to make sure that I was delivering accurate information to the judges,” said Delgado.

All of the FBLA students shared some fun experiences outside of the event. All of the students joined together in sharing their passion for business and all that it entails. “It was really great to be surrounded by like-minded peers and mentors who all share a passion for business. It was great to learn new things from other people at the event,” said Delgado.

Delgado is very excited to have qualified for FBLA Nationals and is looking forward to learning even more about business. “It was a really exciting experience to place in the top four of my group, I honestly wasn’t expecting that to happen,’’ Delgado said.