‘Ripple effect’ of high school led me here

Dylan Gesick, Staff Writer

As the school year comes to and end this week I have been doing a lot of reflection on the past. I often found myself thinking about how life could have been different, or if I did everything right in high school. Or even if I did enough. 

These were stressful thoughts, it brought doubt to myself and my decisions that I have made through the years. But I came to the realization that in the end it doesn’t matter. My decisions were final and now I don’t regret a thing. 

I have made many, many, amazing memories and long lasting friendships. Could some event have been different? Yeah, sure, but in the end life is a ripple effect. If one event changed, my entire high school experience could be completely different. If one event changed I wouldn’t be here writing this article right now.

So, if I have learned anything from these past years through school, Covid, and this just general stressful world that we live in, it’s that sometimes you just need to take a step back. Take a step back and evaluate. What do you want your life to look like? Is there anything you want to change? Is there anything you want to do or try? And if you answer yes, do it. Because you only get one chance in this life. You need to take the opportunities given or make the opportunity for yourself. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is live life how you want. At least enough to be happy and content. Because in the grand scheme of life, you should be happy. I know life is a roller coaster and can sometimes be out of  your control, but just remember life is just a bunch of seasons, and seasons pass.