New teacher works hard to get to know all 1900 students

Special+Education+teacher+Ms.+Cammeron+Sanders+works+with+her+students+during+class+last+Friday.++

Nita Bennett

Special Education teacher Ms. Cammeron Sanders works with her students during class last Friday.

Nita Bennett, Staff Writer

New special education teacher Ms. Cammron Sanders is proud of her ability to make relationships with students.  But after a few weeks at Greeley West, she’s realized just how difficult it can be to get to know ALL of them.

Sanders laughed when asked about what the most difficult part of her job was, she said, “Getting to know all 1900 of the students.”  Fortunately for her, she said getting to know students more closely is something she’s proud of as an educator.

Many new staff have been hired at Greeley West High School since its remodel.  An increase in student enrollment caused the need for new teachers.  Sanders, who was hired this summer, believes she is “adding to the culture of being a Spartan” every day.

The people at West have made an impact on her immediately.  “I met some of my team and I loved them,” Sanders said.  “I just heard the culture is great here.”

Sanders feels like her and all her co-workers work together well, Sanders hopes to stay here until she retires. Afterwards, Sanders would love to open up a doggy daycare.

Sanders hopes to make an impact on her students like her parents did on her.  She said her biggest inspiration has been her mom and dad.

Something her students may not know about Sanders is that she can say the alphabet backwards. They also may not know what makes Sanders get up in the morning to go to work. “My dogs (wake me up)so I feed them,” Sanders joked.  “I also love coming to work, its fun to meet all the kids, hangout with the kids, and watch them learn.” 

Sanders strives to have a good work-life balance.  She feels her job is complete, “At the end of the day… but then I come back and start all over again.”