Greeley West looks to bounce back against Northridge 

Xavier Michnewicz, Staff Writer

The Greeley West football team plays Northridge Grizzlies tonight for their Homecoming game. Greeley West, coming off of a loss to Thomas Jefferson, looks to win against Northridge this week to get out of their mini slump. 

The Spartans are coming off two tough losses to Thomas Jefferson and Bear Creek High School. Leading the Spartans is Quarterback Julian Salas who had a tough game against Thomas Jefferson, He looks to have a better game against the Grizzlies.

Quarterback Julian Salas said, “When we do our jobs and do it right, we can beat any team that plays against us. Northridge has been relevant for one year and West has a tradition of winning and we need to get back to greatness.”

Running Back Jose Salas averages 92.3 rushing yards per game and leads the team in touchdowns. Linebacker Ricardo Castillo is the Spartans leading tackler, averaging 9 tackles per game. 

Northridge is coming off a dominating win against the Greeley Central last week, 63-8. They are led by running back Issac Kness and quarterback Cooper Rose. Northridge is ranked No. 5 in the CHSAA 3A poll. The Spartans have lost their last two games to the Grizzlies and look to respond tonight for the Homecoming game.

Linebacker Ricardo Castillo said, “We are looking forward to showing Northridge who owns this city and dominate them and respond from the last two games today”.