STUCO, West clubs ready to host Trick Or Treat Street

Cole Bartels, Staff Writer

With Halloween being just a week away, Greeley West Student Council is preparing for Trick or Treat Street, a tradition at West for over 20 years. The event will be Friday night from 5-7 p.m. 

Trick or Treat Street is an open house for children in the community to safely trick or treat in classrooms around Greeley West. 

“The Student Council realizes that some parents may not want to send their kids out at night, because Halloween can be a scary time especially for little kids,” said 10th grade Student Council Sergeant of Arms Makai Mireles.

“We want kids to safely enjoy knocking on doors, and getting candy.  Halloween was always a fun experience for me as a little kid and I want the same for little kids now,” said Mireles.

Clubs and teams at Greeley West will be manning the doors and handing out candy,  Some will be more simple than others.  Others will try to outdo one another by turning their entire room into a theme.  “Some will make haunted houses in their classrooms,” said Mireles.  

Student Council is expecting a bigger turnout than ever this year.  With the new facility, it is expected that many community members will want to come check out the building and see the Halloween decorations.    

Trick Or Treat Street is a great way for Spartan clubs to get involved with community outreach.  Clubs can still sign up by contacting Mireles or Student Council Sponsor Ms. Lea Sanford.