Musical set for second weekend

Elise Johnson

The Addams Family cast performs to students from Brentwood on Wednesday March 16.

Peyton Book, Staff Writer

The Greeley West Theater welcomed The Addams Family to the community last weekend and this upcoming weekend. Tickets are now on sale for $10 each for all shows. The dates were, March 18 and 19. On Saturday the 19 there were two shows, one during the day at 2:00 p.m. and another one at 7:30 p.m. This weekend has the same show schedule as last weekend.

Cast members are very excited to perform for the school and community and represent how great Greeley West is and what they can accomplish. Katie Gorsline, who is an ancestor in the show said, “The best thing about the show is everything. I like the singing, the dancing, and acting, but most of all I like the people. We really are a family.”

The audience only sees the people on stage however; the show wouldn’t be the same without the band and orchestra members who play in the pit. They were very enthused for opening night and the next 5 shows. Bennett Mueller, a sophomore who is playing in the pit, said “Since I’m in the pit I don’t have to worry about all the makeup, costumes, and dances. So it’s less pressure on me. But, we have had lots of practice on The Addams Family music and I feel very confident for the show.”