FCCLA students qualify for Nationals

Brandi+Allee%2C+Hailey+Pasierb%2C+and+Alexia+Soria%2C+all+winners+of+the+FCCLA+State+competition.++

Madeline Rodgers

Brandi Allee, Hailey Pasierb, and Alexia Soria, all winners of the FCCLA State competition.

Madeline Rodgers, Staff Writer

Brandi Allee, Alexia Soria, and Hailey Pasierb, three of Greeley West High School’s juniors and members of FCCLA won first place at the Colorado State Competition on Friday, April 1. Their winning presentation centered on positive body image for girls all around the nation. The inspiration for the presentation was their experience growing up being self-conscious. They made T-shirts to wear that represented their project and showed all body types are not only acceptable, but beautiful and the two judges they presented to loved their idea.

There were 3,000 students who competed at the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel and the work was hard, with the group practicing all Thursday, rehearsing what they would say and do.

The three students will be going to nationals in July; the competition will take place in San Diego, California and students from all over the country will be attending in the hopes of winning. As for Allee, Soria, and Pasierb, they hope to razzle and dazzle like they did on the April 1 – no joke.