Juniors hope preparation helps on ACT

Jana Datteri, Staff Writer

Many juniors at Greeley West High School have been preparing for the ACT test they take tomorrow. The ACT will be given in classrooms throughout the morning and the results will play a deciding factor in students’ college decisions next year.

Julio Rascon prepared for his ACT by going over the answers from the practice booklet every night and making sure he knew the answers. Rascon also talked to some teachers about some of the questions on the practice booklet making sure he not only knows the answer but understands why. Rascon said that getting a good score on this test will benefit him by helping him get into good colleges. Julio Rascon stated, “Studying for the ACT’s is a good idea because it is just like any other test you want to prepare for because it will affect you later on in life.”

Another junior, Emmy Coleman said she was preparing for the ACT by taking free quizzes online. This benefitted Coleman by preparing her for know what kind of questions she would be asked on the actual test. Coleman gave advice to next year’s juniors by telling them, “It will help you prepare for the exams you will be facing in college.”

Hannah Campbell studied for the ACT by finding out what her score was on the pretest and then going from there on what she needs to review or ask questions about. Campbell also looked at the colleges she wants to get into and find what the requirements are. Campbell wants to attend the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs or Tampa University which both has high standards on test scores. “Having a good score on this test will benefit me by definitely focusing on aspects I know and other aspects I do not know that I need to start focusing on and putting the time and effort.”

Allen Olmedo-Soto prepared for the ACT by taking practice test and looking up tips and strategies. “I’ll become more familiar when it actually comes to taking the test. I will also know what to do when I get confused,” Olmedo-Soto said. Olmedo-Soto believes that receiving a good score on this test will help him make it into good colleges and receive scholarships.