Faculty members recall 9/11 experiences

Taylor O'Connell, Staff Writer

On September 11, 2001, United Flight 175 and American Airlines Flight 77 were hijacked mid-flight and flown into the World Trade Center. As the 104-floor building crashed down in the middle of New York, it went down in history as the worst terrorist attack in American history.

The incident did not just impact the people of New York. It impacted the people whom family members were involved, even as far away as Greeley.

Principal Mr. Jeff Cranson was one of the many worried people. When Cranson was getting on a bus leaving a student teachers meeting at Colorado State University, he was notified by a TV of the tragedy.

He stated that he was very concerned about his father, who was in a conference at the Sears tower in Chicago. Having lived through teh event, Cranson also stated that he does not think this was an American-made conspiracy.  “There would be too many factors, too many people would have to be covered up for it to be an inside job.”

Ms. Kelly Stephens, one of Greeley West counselors, also talked about her 9/11 experience. Counselor Stephens was in 8th grade science when the attack initially happened. After the attack had begun, she stated that, “I was very worried about my grandfather, who was having surgery in New York.”