German exchange student returns to Greeley West

Cuttica comes back to dance with Poms

Gianna Cuttica jumps at Pom practice as they rehearse a dance.  Cuttica is a foreign exchange student from Germany who returned to Greeley West to become a Pom.

Jana Datteri

Gianna Cuttica jumps at Pom practice as they rehearse a dance. Cuttica is a foreign exchange student from Germany who returned to Greeley West to become a Pom.

Tyler Holmes, Staff Writer

There is a full-year German exchange student here at Greeley West taking classes and learning about American culture in the process.  Her name is Gianna Cuttica and it’s her second time to be a Spartan.

Towards the end of the first semester of the last school year, there was a group of nearly 20 exchange students out of Gaggenau, Germany who joined West for a couple of weeks. Cuttica was one of them. She liked the experience so much that she decided to come back.

Cuttica stated, “I really liked it here last year. The people let me in with open arms and I made some great friends in only a couple of weeks.”

Cuttica still thinks school is different here in America. “The relationships between teachers and students in Germany are a lot less formal,” Cuttica stated.

Cuttica has now been in America for about a month and she is fitting in really well. She is getting involved in many activities, one of which is Poms.

Last year while Cuttica was here, she had a conversation with Ms. Peggy Freemole that was about her position on the Poms team. This was another main reason why Cuttica decided to come back.