West students familiarized with first Habitude

Tyler Holmes, Staff Writer

In all homeroom classes around Greeley West kids learned about Habitudes last week, particularly in the form of an iceberg.

A Habitude is a way of behaving. The founder of the Habitudes was Tim Elmore who designed a whole curriculum with different Habitudes designed to form leaders.

Principal Jeff Cranson stated, “We always say be a leader, but we never teach it.”

Cranson hopes that kids will learn to be a leader.  Sophomore Derek West stated, “The Habitudes are great ways to learn about being a leader. They gave me a different outlook on being a leader.”

The iceberg Habitude led to discussions around the school about the 10% of leadership people see and how true leadership is the 90% of life people don’t see.

Habitudes have a great reputation for forming leaders. Habitude training has been proven to shape leaders throughout all of the United States. It is used from small middle schools to big professional teams. Some of these teams include the Alabama Crimson Tide college football team along with the University of Miami football team. the New York Giants in the NFL and the San Francisco Giants in the MLB.

These teams have seen a difference after they introduced the Habitudes to their team. On the growing leader’s website head football coach for the University of Miami, Al Golden stated, “I just wish I would have learned these principles earlier in school.”

Cranson along with the whole Greeley West staff have implanted Habitudes into their life along with their students for a hope to form more leaders in the Greeley community.