Volleyball coach juggles multiple roles

Volleyball coach Sasha Cohoon yells instructions to her players at their game on Thursday night against Fort Collins.

Jordan Noland

Raquel Dennis, Staff Writer

Former Greeley West High School alumni and volleyball player, Sasha Cohoon, has been the Athletic Secretary at West for the past 4 years.

Now the head volleyball coach, Cohoon is working the double life at work as well on top of that having a newborn at home.

It can have its ups and downs. Trying to juggle all these jobs can be overwhelming. Working a 7-3:15 pm job then a coach from 4-6 and go home and be a full time mother to a newborn. She still wanted to obtain being family oriented, so she has her husband, Danny Cohoon and daughter, Charlotte Cohoon attend all volleyball games, away and home being her biggest fans on the sidelines.

Cohoon mentioned, “The positive part of being the new volleyball coach is that it’s the closest thing I can do besides actually playing sport.”  Sasha is very excited to bring her own style into this program.

As a former athlete at Greeley West, she went state and said, “That feeling of going to state and being able to experience was crazy and I want my girls and the program to experience that feeling.”